- In 2015, the TV market shows the first signs of recovery after a long period of recession: total earnings have slightly grown of 0,6% from the previous year.
- The diffusion of platforms, after years of stagnation, is starting to change: Broadband TV will triple its accesses and will become the primary modality in 900.000 homes compared to the actual 300.000.
- In 2016 total earnings will still be growing and by the end of 2017 the market will reach €7,9 billion, at a annual average of +1,8% over the period considered.
- Advertising is still suffering the lingering conjunctural effects: though growing, the CAGR will be limited to +0,95%, driven primarily by the thematic channels.
- The pay-TV segment, despite the expected decline for DTH satellite, will increase in the considered period by +3,45%, thanks to the development of DTT offer and especially of Broadband TV.
- Mediaset, Rai and Sky Italia account almost for the entire market, with a combined share of 94%, that will decrease by 1 percentage point in 2017 as a result of the development of Broadband TV players.
- In advertising Mediaset will remain the main operator, with over half of the revenues.
- In the pay-TV segment Sky still keeps its leadership, even if showing a clear decreasing trend, shifting from 80% to 72% of the market. Mediaset Premium is growing, as well as the Other Operators component, driven by broadband TV and VOD.